paper mache shakers asst
Celebrate the big moments, the small wins, and everything in between with our paper mâché shakers. Hand painted by artisans and decorated with intricate designs, these shakers bring the energy!
Supporting Artisan Communities
These paper mâché products are hand-made by artisans in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico by a cooperative led by artist Pedro Hernandez (pictured). Paper mâché was used more than a hundred years ago to create Alebrijes, dreamlike creatures which combine animal shapes with colors, textures and incredible forms. Their family practices continue this tradition, which has origins rich in cultural significance.
We strive to ensure that techniques are credited, and the rich history is properly shared with everyone. Our partnerships with these autonomous Mexican businesses and artists are mutually beneficial and come with our commitment to their long-term growth, recognition, and cultural protection.
- Some coloring details unique to each piece
- Rattles when shaken
- Hand painted
- Made in San Miguel De Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
- 12"-14" Long
- Hand made by Mexican Artisans in paper mache as practiced for hundreds of years
- Each one a unique piece celebrating Mexican folk art
- Handmade, Colors may vary on each piece